today I want to write a few words about Amazon storage.
So, first of all I'd like to say that Amzaon provides to kinds of storage:
If to speak about ephemeral, then I can say that main purpose of this storage is temporary storing of your data. If to compare ephemeral storage with S3 it has following limitations:
- access speed is not guaranteed
- there is not service level agreement for this service
You can use ephemeral storage for the following staff:
- scratch data
Let's talk now about S3. Question 1, why it is named S3? Amazon Simple Storage Service, or three letters S.
it has following features:
- Accessible via http and https
- bucket ( you can compare it with a drive where you can create folders, place files)
- you can store your videos, images, backups, etc
- buckets are unlimited, but size of one object should be smaller then 5Tb
- you pay for reading your data, not for placing them into bucket
- it's not a file system