Today I want to tell you a story how to make some special filtering in Accumatica.
So at acumatica screen ScreenId=CA304000 which looks like this:
So my task was the following:
1. User permissions were configured in a way, that user shouldn't have permissions for some accounts for cases is user wants to enter new transaction.
2. If user press at buttons First, Previous, Next, Last he got opportunity to see documents for which he didn't have permissions.
In order to modify that functionality it was reuired to modify default behaviour.
In order to do this I used the following steps.
1. Analyzed which Data class is responsible for getting data in the page: CA304000 … more
today I want to share just simple record of how to join acumatica and your Active Directory.
For example you have the following data:
Active directory url:LDAP://RT1:389
User name email@example.com, password: 123
For cases like this you need the following record in your web.config file:
<activeDirectory enabled="true" path="RT1:389" user="dot\yura_zale" password="123" /> more
this will be the first post in December. I want to boast that I got T101 certificate from acumatica univercity which proves that I'm certified developer for acumatica!!!!
you can download it from Download
The screenshot of it:
Quite common task, which I bored to google and as it is not hard to memorize, but decided to record it.
SELECT COLUMN_NAME, TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE COLUMN_NAME LIKE '%DocType%' more
Here I want to describe how to create such simple page like this:
For reading this manual father you need to know how to add page to sitemap in accumatica. If you need me to describe this process let me know, I assume it is not challenging process.
For staff like this you need ListView template and two other classes.
The first class is used to represent single view item in grid and second class intended for navigating in the db.
Accumatica manual recomends the following location of those two classes:
1. Create separated project ( for example IG )
2. Inside of it create Folder with the name of pages folder ( for example Investigation )
3. Add reference to the dll PX.Data
4. Create … more
For purpose of deleting all tables in MS SQL fitting is:
EXEC sp_MSforeachtable @command1 = "DROP TABLE ?"
This is a hidden stored procedure in sql server that will be executed for each table in the database you chosen.
Also here described how to imitate drop in db more
today I want to describe some date time specifiers in acumatica.
d - is default format pattern, so if you intend to use short date pattern, you can just ommit pattern in usage function
public static System.Text.StringBuilder MakePattern(string format, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo df)
D - long date pattern. Something similar to "Thursday, April 10, 2008"
F - long time pattern. Full date/time pattern. Something similar to "Monday, June 15, 2009 1:45:30 PM".
G - long time pattern. General date time pattern. Something like "6/15/2009 1:45:30 PM" for "en-US" or "2009/6/15 13:45:30" for zh-CN
M equals to m and means Month day pattern "June 15"
R equals to … more
Acumatica has following types of input elements for it's users:
• TextEdit: The user enters text in an input field. This is just simple text box implemented as <input type="input".... />
• NumberEdit: The user enters a number in an input field.
• Selector: The user selects a value from a list of elements in the database. If to look at the html, it is implemented as <input type="input".... /> plus div.
• Selector with Description: The user selects a value from a list of elements in the database; the UI element description is based on the data selected from a specific database field.
• ComboBox: The user selects a value from a list of elements composed of a set of options … more
During reading manual of acumatica for T100 test I faced control PXMaskEdit. That is wonderful control because it allows you to make masked input. I was very happy, but was unable to realize how to customize characters for entering values. Search in pdf file didn't give me satisfactory results so I decided to decipher masking fields with help of google, and wasn't successfull with search results. So I made next step and used my favorite tool reflector.
In the window of reflector I typed segmentmask and below you can see screenshot of what I found:
Little bit of scrolling opened in front of my eyes the following picture:
Some time it happens that you need to find some string in the MS SQL database.
Here I found very helpful ms sql code which helps to find any string in database.
At stackoverflow I found optimization of that script, which I copy/pasted below:
CREATE PROC SearchAllTables
-- Copyright © 2002 Narayana Vyas Kondreddi. All rights reserved.
-- Purpose: To search all columns of all tables for a given search string
-- Written by: Narayana Vyas Kondreddi
-- Site: http://vyaskn.tripod.com
-- Tested on: SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000
-- Date modified: 28th July 2002 22:50 GMT
DECLARE @Results TABLE(ColumnName nvarchar(370), ColumnValue … more
In case if you look at something in acumatica and want quickly to find sources of that window in resharper you can do the following:
1. click in the command line, and you'll see something like this:
just withoug red rectangle.
2. Switch to your Visual studio and navigate to page gl201000.aspx or gl201000.aspx.cs. In case if you have resharper in your Visual Studio you can navigate to file in a window like this:
Here is just to anounce that the first post in my blog will be about acumatica. If to speak in general acumatica is ERP which from programmers viewpoint is like CMS which is intended for management of the resources at company. It is much cheaper then SAP and it also tries to become competitor of AXAPTA. So, lets see what will be the outcome. more