today I want to document few main features of AWS. Below I want to mention AWS Product Categories:
- Compute services. Provide you with virtual machines
- Storage services. Raw block of content.
- Database services. Organized in some way data in organized chunks.
- Networking services. Provide with network assets.
- Messaging services. Communication between systems.
- Content delivery services - cached location for frequently accessed content.
- Deployment and management - allows to pack, secure, monitor AWS apps.
Next goes question, how developer can interact with AWS? As always in two ways: visual tools or through API.
API in turn can be divided into two categories: SOAP/REST/Query or via SDK.
Tools for AWS Developers
- Management console - UI at web site
- SDK and development centers for Android, iOS, Java, .Net, PHP, Ruby
- Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) that come pre-loaded with application environments
- Community forums