Let's take a look at the screen’s templates. There are 6 of them in Acumatica: Form, Grid, Tab, FormTab, FormGrid, TabGrid. Each template is designed to be used for different purposes. Let's look at each of them:
A Form template is used to display and edit a single record or entity at a time. It typically consists of fields and controls that allow users to input or view information related to a specific record.Forms are used for tasks like creating, editing, and viewing individual records, such as customers, vendors, or items.
- Creating and editing individual customer profiles.
- Managing employee records, including personal details and employment history.
Viewing and updating information for a specific inventory item.
A Grid template is used to display a list of records in a tabular format. It allows users to view and manipulate multiple records simultaneously. Grids are commonly used for displaying lists of data, such as sales orders, purchase orders, or inventory items.
- Displaying a list of sales orders with details like order date, customer name, and order status.
- Managing a list of open purchase requisitions.
- Viewing a list of project tasks with their associated deadlines.
A Tab template is often used to organize and group related fields on a Form. It provides a way to break up a Form into multiple sections, each represented as a separate tab. Tabs help in organizing and presenting information in a structured manner within a single record.
- Creating a customer Form with tabs for contact information, billing details, and shipping details.
- Managing an employee Form with tabs for personal information, job history, and performance reviews.
- Designing a product Form with tabs for basic details, pricing, and specifications.
A FormTab template combines the features of both the Form and Tab templates. It allows you to create a Form with multiple tabs, each containing a set of related fields. FormTabs are useful when you need to display and edit a single record with different sections or categories of information.
- Creating a comprehensive sales order Form with tabs for order details, shipping information, and payment details.
- Managing a project record with tabs for project overview, team members, and project milestones.
- Designing a vendor Form with tabs for contact information, payment terms, and purchase history.
A FormGrid template combines the features of both the Form and Grid templates. It allows you to display a Grid within a Form, enabling users to view and edit related records directly within the context of a single record. FormGrids are useful for scenarios where you want to associate and manage related data within a primary record.
- Managing a customer Form with a related grid displaying their recent orders.
- Viewing a product record with a FormGrid showing its associated sales history.
- Editing an employee record with a FormGrid displaying their past training sessions.
A TabGrid template combines the features of both the Tab and Grid templates. It lets you organize and display a Grid within a Tab, making it suitable for presenting lists of related data within specific sections of a Form.
- Managing a project Form with tabs for project details, team members, and project tasks displayed in Grids.
- Viewing a customer record with tabs for contact information, sales history, and support cases displayed in Grids.
- Designing a vendor Form with tabs for contact details, purchase history, and product offerings displayed in Grids.
Acumatica offers six different screen templates designed for various purposes: Form, Grid, Tab, FormTab, FormGrid, and TabGrid.
- The "Form" template is for displaying and editing a single record, like a customer or vendor profile.
- The "Grid" template is designed to show lists of records in a table format, such as sales or purchase orders.
- The "Tab" template organizes related fields within a Form into separate tabs.
- The "FormTab" template combines features of Form and Tab, allowing a single Form to have multiple tabs for different categories of information.
- The "FormGrid" template blends features of Form and Grid, enabling users to view and edit associated records within the context of a primary record.
- The "TabGrid" template integrates both Tab and Grid, permitting the organization of lists of related data within specific sections of a Form.
Each template comes with its own set of use-cases, offering versatility in data presentation and editing.